Pharmacist, After Hours, Work from Home, Remote Order Entry - KY- PRN','7410-2711','LifePoint Health Support Center','!*!
The ROE Pharmacist is responsible for monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations to assure the appropriate and effective use of pharmaceuticals for patient care. The ROE pharmacist shall use the medication process to assess, plan, intervene when necessary, implement and evaluate patient care in compliance with client hospital and ROE policies, protocols and procedures.
· Serve as pharmacist in charge for state licensure purposes if required
· Assists in the orientation and training of the ROE pharmacists
· Follows all policies and procedures of the ROE unit
· Provide patient care activities to ensure safe and effective drug therapy
· Be of service to patients, physicians, nurses and other pharmacists
· Maintain and improve job knowledge, skills and competence
· Perform duties in accordance with specific standards of care as evidenced by completion of competency skills checklist
· Articulate daily activities that support continuous quality improvement of patient care
· Prepare written or oral report at change of shift to communicate incomplete assignments and potential patient safety concerns to monitor in order to ensure continuity of medication therapy if required
· Demonstrate knowledge and mastery of required job functions, internal communications and operating systems
· Accurately enter orders in the computer in a timely manner
· Support and assist in meeting overall goals both operationally for order entry in addition to the clinical programs, including, but not limited to therapeutic interchanges set forth by LifePoint
· Follows facility procedures when non-formulary drugs, target drugs, restricted drugs and investigational drugs are ordered
· Demonstrate proficiency in computer order entry and related computer functions
· Screen for drug interactions, allergies, order duplications, appropriate diagnosis, renal and liver function prior to order entry
· Assure facility queues are addressed in a timely manner
· Investigate, report, and document adverse drug events and medication incidents
· Facilitate dissemination of drug information in a timely manner to achieve high quality, cost effective, positive therapeutic outcomes when consulted
· Review and interpret all physician orders received, using the patient profile
· Monitor for incompatibilities, concentration and rate on intravenous drugs
· Participate in the maintenance of continuous quality improvement program
· Document clinical interventions and follow-up when indicated
· Assess orders for age-specific appropriateness from neonatal through geriatric
· Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the ROE Director or Corporate Director of Pharmacy Services, in accordance with established policies and requirements of accrediting bodies
· Practice and adhere to Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
• Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal Skills – able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors and external parties
• PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in required operating systems: (ie CPCS, Scanning Technology, Automated Dispensing Machines, Micromedex, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Intervention Tools, Microsoft Office, etc.)
• Policies and Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of department and client facility policies, procedures and systems
• Administrative Skills – answer telephones, research information, utilize drug resources
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to communicate effectively.
• Requires occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Work is performed remotely
• Work may be stressful at times.
• Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
LifePoint Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
','Update to valid job fielda','Tennessee-Brentwood','','Per Diem/PRN','Variable','Pharmacist, After Hours, Work from Home, Remote Order Entry - KY- PRN
Website : http://www.lifepointhospitals.com
LifePoint Hospitals® is a leading hospital company dedicated to providing quality healthcare services close to home. We provide our hospitals the resources and support they need to deliver the highest quality care and services to growing regions, rural communities and vibrant small towns across the nation.