Allianz (head office)
Job ID: 5606
- Job Category: Engineering
- Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent Closing Date: Mar 31, 2018
- Location: Home
- Division: Commercial & Personal Lines Salary: 32,000 - 37,000 company car pension scheme other excellent benefits
Further Job Details
As one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world. Our hugely diverse portfolio and world-class reputation allow us to stay one step ahead of the market. We always look to hire the best talent and are as committed to our workforce as we are to our customers. As such Allianz offers unrivalled training and development; exactly what you would expect from the firm awarded General Insurer of the Decade at the 2014 British Insurance Awards.
This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Lift and Crane discipline to join Allianz Engineering, a division of one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world. Position Description
As an Engineer Surveyor you will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will work closely with your Engineer Surveyor Team managed by one of our Area Managers. You will carry out hands-on inspections of various items of plant and equipment such as lifts, escalators, cranes and construction plant, all in accordance with our Company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being up to date on your knowledge and understanding of all relevant compliance and regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Lift and Crane discipline.
- Making well informed decisions, and willing to take responsibility.
- Being effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Being able to travel effectively within your local allocated work area.
- Processing documentation, as well as undertaking general administration in a timely manner.
- Willingness to support and deputise for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required. Part of the role may also involve an element of Pressure Mechanical work on Minor Pressure Systems (MPS). Previous experience would be advantageousSkills & Experience
You will have a combination of experience, technical ability, an acute awareness of workplace hazards and safety requirements, strong customer communication skills, and the confidence to make professional judgements.
Key skills will include:
- A background in working with lift and/or crane equipment, with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
- Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer literacy.
- Incorporated Engineer (Preferred) and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / ONC / Full Technological Certificate / 17th Edition / Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in the Lift & Crane discipline.
Please note: The Engineer Surveyor role does require regular lifting, climbing and working in confined spaces.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary, which is reviewed every six months and annually
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- Company car
- Engineer Surveyor allowance
- A generous pension plan
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including our own Engineer Development Programme.Additional Requirements
At Allianz, we welcome applications from everyone, regardless of your background or needs. If you need assistance with making your application please contact us at ****************************
For external applicants only -
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Allianz (head office)