Production Print Architect - Central US
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $29 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2016† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting **** and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact ****
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Would you like an opportunity to work n leading solutions for the company which prides itself as a thought leader in the industry?
Due to the ever-changing needs of the office environment, Canon works to continuously refine our solutions to provide users with greater flexibility, control and convenience required to manage their workflow processes.
Do you possess cutting edge knowledge of the solutions in the production printing space? Do you enjoy staying ahead of the technology assimilation gap presented by the quickly evolving solution space? Do you feel excited when your efforts supporting a sales team results in that big win?
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Canon solutions sales efforts by providing top-tier dealers with technical consultation, workflow assessment, strategy development, and in-depth knowledge of Canon-branded and third-party solutions.
Tap into your breadth of technical product, industry, vertical market, and workflow expertise to effectively assist the wholesale channels and end-user customers with detailed analysis and recommendations pertaining to Canon hardware and software solutions.
As a Production Print Architect, you will be responsible for dealer wholesale solutions, sales channel account management, territory management, marketing program implementation, and education related to Canon-branded and third-party solutions sales.
This position requires a 4 year college degree and the ability to travel up to 75% (average 4 days per week). This is a home-based position located in the central region of the US. Preferred states are Chicago West to Denver, down to St Louis and Kansas City. (KS, MO, CO, ND, SD) .
- Actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. Support sales representatives through standard and customized technical product presentations, demonstrations, workshops and seminars.
- Resolve questions regarding solutions, services, and training.
- Support wholesale channel dealer sales efforts by providing Canon/third-party solutions technical expertise and workflow assessment to end-user customers and dealer partners through sales calls and other related activities.
- Provide technical advisory support pertaining to Canon and third-party software solutions in regards to workflow survey assessments, RFP, RFQ, proposals, and other sales activities.
- Provide technical sales training/seminar delivery to SE audiences and Major Account Sales/technical sales personnel in the channel.
- All customization activities pertaining to dealer sales activity, including prisma solutions, third-party solutions, MEAP, and other customization activities (i.e. print driver, etc.).
- Technical sales support and staffing for launches, open houses, trade shows, Truck Tours, DSF and TechNet/SalesNet-type events, when required.
- Conduct Market intelligence, market analysis, feedback, and reporting to Canon USA.
- Develop and execute strategies with key decision makers and end-user customers in the dealer sales channels with the intent of increasing Canon-branded and third-party software solutions sales.
- Dealer/account relationship management
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required; relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
A minimum of 7 years in software solutions sales support with quota responsibility is required.
7 years of relevant industry experience: production print solution consulting and/or sales experience required.
Relevant industry and technology certifications preferred. (G7, Security , Project , CIDA/CDIA , PMP)
Relevant Canon/Oce branded certifications or other industry specific training certifications preferred (i.e. prismasync, prisma prepare, EFI)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts in layman's terms is essential.
Sales skills and strong sales/business acumen required,
Product/Sales training experience
Customer and dealer relationship management .
Territory and project management, follow up, and planning
Administration, Reporting, and Analysis
Product, program, application knowledge and implementation
Problem solving, innovation, and utilization of resources
May require considerable travel throughout sales territory (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
This job requires up to 75% travel and requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies.