Cancer Registry Team Lead - Work From Home
surgery centers, physician practices and alternate care sites. We have been voted one of the top employers in Florida for 8 years in a row, and are known for taking the best care of clients and employees alike.
● Our culture fosters an environment of continuous growth and professional development.
● Parallon was named a “Top 100 Company to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2016” by FlexJobs.
● We believe in rewarding our employees with a healthy work/life experience, our employees are rewarded with comprehensive health and wellness benefits, financial and retirement planning support, and time away from work options.
- The Cancer Registry Lead is responsible for day-to-day operational activities as it relates to cancer registry services provided to hospitals according to the Service Level Agreement with the Centralized Cancer Registry department.
– Director, Centralized Cancer Registry
(included but not limited to):
Provides general direction to cancer registry staff in case finding, abstracting, and patient follow up
Assists Centralized Cancer Registry Director in the review and improvement of processes and services
Completes quality control monitoring and reporting of completed abstracts for accuracy and timeliness
Assists with case abstracting according to the standards of the American College of Surgeons (ACOS) and the state of Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS)
Assists with the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB) Annual Call for Data
Resolves errors resulting in the rejection of records from the NCDB and FCDS
Provides coverage for cancer conferences and cancer committees as requested
Assists in employee training and development
Reports to the supervisor periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team training needs
Maintains or exceeds established productivity and quality standards
Promptly reports issues or trends to the Cancer Registry Director
Participates in required continuing education programs and annual reorientation
Practices and adheres to the Company’s “Code of Conduct” philosophy and’ “Mission and Value Statement”
Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
Communication – communicates clearly, proactively and concisely with all key stakeholders
Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
Organization – establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
Quality Orientation – accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
Work Independently – is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
High school diploma or equivalency required.
RHIA, RHIT or Associates degree preferred
5 years experience in Cancer Registry abstracting
Prior supervisory experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
– Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. ****