This is a night shift position (4pm-12:30am EST) and requires every other weekend. Role open to sit in Sandy, UT office or Hartford, CT office. Internals that are currently WAH can remain WAH but must be within the state of CT or UT.
The Health Coach Consultant utilizes a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, to engage, educate, and promote/influence members decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal health status. Requires an RN with unrestricted active license.
The Health Coach Consultant utilizes a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, to engage, educate, and promote/influence members decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal health status. Requires an RN with unrestricted active license. - Hours required 4:00 pm - 12:30 am est ; every other weekend and 4 Holidays per year.
This candidate applies a broad clinical experience to at times complex issues, ensuring a positive member experience. Would also want to expand their knowledge base while applying excellent communication skills. Act as a leader of people and process improvement, and want to make a difference in peoples lives. If you are seeking a challenging fast-paced office (and potentially work at home) position. Do the right things for the right reason in all interactions.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
* The IHL Nurse provides a telephone-based information and decision support program to eligible members
* The Nurse facilitates effective health care decision-making
* Improves the quality of care
* Improves member satisfaction with their health care plan
* Facilitates appropriate use of health care resources
* Provides up-to-date health care information to help facilitate members understanding of their health problems and possible options
* Provides assistance by clarifying available options for the members particular health problem or issue
* Helps members actively and knowledgeably participate with their provider in their own health care decision-making
* Promotes healthy lifestyles to help lower personal health risks, preventing illness
* The IHL Nurse is aware of the members available health and wellness programs, and makes referrals to these programs as appropriate
* Provides clinical review to determine reimbursement for emergency room services. Additional Candidate Information Successful candidates generally
* Minimum of 3 years clinical experience required
* Clinical experience in urgent care, emergency room, extensive broad-based medical/surgical, telephone triage or oncology nursing experience is strongly preferred
* Managed Care experience preferred
* Previous coaching experience preferred
* Have proficient keyboarding skills
* Enjoy working with computers and evolving technology, prefer online resources over printed documents
* Are self-motivated
* Wants to work evenings or nights
* Wants to work every other weekend
* Are able to complete 6 weeks Mon-Fri orientation on a variable daytime schedule
* The minimum level of education required for candidates in this position is a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Licenses and Certifications:
* Registered Nurse (RN) with active state license in good standing required
* Benefits Management/Encouraging Wellness and Prevention/3 years/ADVANCED
* Benefits Management/Maximizing Healthcare Quality/1 years/FOUNDATION
* Technology/Leveraging Technology/1 years/FOUNDATION
* Training done in the Aetna office. Option for telework will be evaluated after a certain period of employment
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Aetna Life Insurance Company
login or upload resume to view
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Aetna Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.aetna.com
Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions. The Health Care segment provides medical, pharmacy benefit management, dental, behavioral health, and vision plans on an insured basis, and an employer-funded or administrative basis. This segment also provides Medicare and Medicaid products and services, as well as other medical products, such as medical management and data analytics services, medical stop loss insurance, workers' compensation administrative services, and products that provide access to its provider networks in select markets. This segment offers its products and services to multi-site national, mid-sized, and small employers, as well as individual customers. The Group Insurance segment provides life insurance products comprising group term life insurance, voluntary spouse and dependent term life insurance, group universal life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; disability insurance products; and long-term care insurance products, which offer benefits to cover the cost of care in private home settings, adult day care, assisted living, or nursing facilities. This segment provides insurance products principally to employers that sponsor its products for the benefit of their employees and their employees dependents. The Large Case Pensions segment manages various retirement products, including pension and annuity products for tax-qualified pension plans. The companys customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups, and expatriates. Aetna Inc. was founded in 1853 and is headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut.