Westfield Insurance Company
We're an insurance company. With two golf courses. A conference center. And an inn.
And we're looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It's an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
Grounds Technician 1 - Job Summary
Salary: $10 an hour
Note: This position is related to the Grounds Crew for the Home Office, and not the golf course.
The Grounds Technician 1, as assigned, is responsible for completing wide-ranging grounds maintenance and care duties, upholding excellent customer service standards and maintaining the Westfield brand image.
(primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Completes assigned grounds maintenance and care by operating a variety of equipment and tools including, but not limited to, mowers, utility vehicles, tractors, string-line trimmers, blowers and sweepers.
2. As directed, prepares soil by cultivating, fertilizing and soil conditioning.
3. Performs hand watering, as directed.
4. Plants and/or transplants perennials, annuals, trees and shrubs. Operates power and hand pruners for formal and selective pruning and trimming.
5. Assists with annual flower care consisting of planting, weeding, pruning, dead heading, watering, and cultivation.
6. Mulches and weeds shrubs/beds.
7. May be required to participate in snow removal operations. Operates necessary equipment for snow and ice removal. Available to be on call 24/7 during winter months.
8. Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Group for our employees, guests and customers.
19. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
(in order of importance)
1. A valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
2. Must be 18 years old to operate heavy equipment/snow removal equipment to work in the General Services unit.
3. Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leader, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
4. Previous commercial landscaping, golf course maintenance, or related experience including ability to operate maintenance and landscaping equipment is a plus.
5. High School Diploma, GED or commensurate experience.
(specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to understand verbal instructions and read work orders and schedules.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Ability to work outside and tolerate extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle within the parameters of the driving policy.
• Ability to start and operate pull-start small engines.
• Ability to climb steps and walk over varying terrain.
• Ability to regularly work with and handle fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides and insecticides.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield Insurance Company
Website : http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/
Westfield is a customer-focused insurance and banking group of businesses. Our winning vision embraces innovation and opportunities in a changing world. Our strength comes through relationships we have built with employees, business partners and customers. The product we offer our customer is peace of mind and our promise of protection is supported by a commitment to service excellence provided by an exceptional team of diverse people.