The Technical Assistance Specialist (TAS) is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer experience for all customers and clients by providing technical advice to all service technicians within the In-home service network. The TAS will provide technical assistance for all brands sold by our clients with an extended warranty. The overall goal for the TAS is to provide technical knowledge, troubleshooting support, parts identification, and training to ensure repairs are completed and to minimize the need to replace Same Unit Repair cell phones.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Support field technicians in applying best practices in the diagnosis and repair of cell phone devices under contract
• Support all brands of cell phone devices sold by clients, including Apple, Samsung, and Motorola.
• Be the technical expert on all consumer electronic product lines in their given industry
• Troubleshooting assistance for in-home technicians via telephone and email
• Responsible for decisions to repair or replace product
• Provide authorization approval within systems to approve advance exchanges when appropriate
• Creating dispatch requests as necessary.
• Identifying part numbers / kits needed to make a repair.
• Act as technical liaison between and OEM.
• Ensure all transactions are properly documented in data management systems.
• Use technology as needed to assist field technicians with repairs.
• Help identify training needs of field technicians and relay back to the RSM team/training manager.
• Assist the RSM team as needed.
• Ensure field service technicians adhere to processes that meet client needs and expectations.
• Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with service technicians within the service network.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
• 3-5 years as a phone repair technician.
• Preferable experience in-home or on the road repairs.
• High level of expertise in servicing Same Unit Repair cell phone devices.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Strong verbal communication and customer service skills working with technicians.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Able to sit for long periods of time while talking on the phone and using a computer.
• Ability to use MS Office applications and be comfortable learning and using multiple programs to accomplish the tasks at hand.